Maintenance Technician - High Rise Windows
Location: Houston, TX
Post Date: 08-24-2017
Building Maintenance Equipment Services, a Lerch Bates Inc. company, is hiring for a Maintenance Technician to work with our team of Professionals to test, maintain, repair, and evaluate Façade Access equipment in the Houston, TX area.
We are an employee-owned organization offering a great environment, top notch professionals and a terrific benefits line up. Submit your resume today to learn more about becoming a part of a great team.
Reporting to the Technician Supervisor, this position is primarily responsible for troubleshooting and repairing Façade Access Equipment (e.g. swing stages, davits, monorails, roof cars) with minimal supervision. In addition, this position is responsible for performing upgrade installation of new equipment as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to improve equipment uptime and equipment life. The Technician will perform a variety of maintenance, repairs and continuous improvement functions on various Equipment with limited direction and guidance. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Safely, professionally and efficiently, complete equipment repairs and installs per procedures and documentation. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Must be able to read an understand system schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Work safely to troubleshoot and repair Façade Access Equipment, including: Building Maintenance Units, Roof Cars, Swing Stages, Monorail Systems, and Horizontal Lifeline systems with minimal supervision.
- Perform repair and/or replacement of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components by leveraging job specific training and previous knowledgebase. Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe upon completion of every task.
- Operate in response to requests by maintenance supervisor or support personnel and set priorities as required
- Utilize diagnostic tools and techniques to define problem areas and assist with resolution.
- Utilize measurement devices to hold print tolerances and industry standards while performing machine repairs and assembly.
- Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve operational uptime and equipment life
- Follow designated work instructions as outlined for specific tasks. These include, but are not limited to; annual inspections, 30-day maintenance, continuous improvement tasks, new installations, and repair/refurbish assignments
- Update drawings/prints, suggest spare parts and suitable replacements, and perform various forms of machine repair/rebuild in a professional manner
- Follow standard practices and all governmental regulations and laws relating to Facade Access equipment (e.g. OSHA 1910.66 and ANSI A120.1)
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management
- Adhere to and participate in an extensive safety program
- Pass a very strict background check, drug and alcohol screening and maintain a clean record
- Capable of working at heights using proper PPE
- Able to work in hot temperatures and varies weather and work conditions
- Able to lift and move 50 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Able to travel out of state on as needed basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.